Friday, September 19, 2008

We made it through another week! I only worked 2 days last week because I took a couple of vacation days. We went to the Puyallup fair on Thursday 9/11 and had a pretty good time. The fair was pretty much the same as it is every year - same entertainers doing the same acts. The food smells so good, but is way too expensive and doesn't taste near as good as it smells. I did eat a caramel apple which was very yummy - but the caramel was so thick it was almost too much!

On Friday we spent the day at the temple for our stake temple day. It was a very sweet and fulfilling experience....I recommend visiting the temple to anyone wanting to recharge your spiritual "battery".

Tomorrow night we are planning to go to see the Shangri-la Chinese acrobats at the Auburn Performing Arts center. We joined several other couples our Empty Nesters group in buying tickets and got a 20 % discount for ordering in volume. It should be a good show, I'll try to take some pictures to post later.

Here's a picture from the flyer



I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging - I hope I can think of enough interesting things to share so you don't get bored! I'll be back!!

2 comments:

Just a girl and her thoughts said...

Take pictures of your new kitchen floor, and under dads deck and your new dishes! I hear they're fab!

Melanie Kym said...

Oh, I'm so excited to see that you've come over to the dark side! Can't wait to read about what's going on with you guys over there. And thanks for continuing on with our story. You and Mindi are the only ones who had the guts so far!!! (Hint to Kim)